University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing
IP Design Group provided technology and telecommunications systems design for this building which eases overcrowding within the adjacent existing facility.
The Center for College of Nursing Sciences includes five additional classrooms, nine clinical skills development laboratories, conference space, five research spaces, offices, a student technology cluster and a technology teaching lab. The project also provided funds for minor remodeling in the college’s existing building.
- Assisted and coordinated technology infrastructure for clinical learning involving a simulation-based laboratory to support video capture and management software.
- Spaces include classroom demonstration area, exam rooms, ICU rooms, theater rooms, and debriefing rooms.
- Spaces were designed to accommodate simulation mannequins and two-way virtual observation.
- Communications cabling infrastructure design
- Electronic access control
- Video surveillance
- Nurse call system
- Audiovisual systems pathways
Photography credit: Kessler Photography