University Health Center/UNMC College of Nursing – Lincoln Division
This new facility is located on University of Nebraska—Lincoln’s main campus and provides program spaces for an ambulatory clinic building and the College of Nursing. It replaced the previous nursing college location in downtown Lincoln, where qualified applicants were turned away due to space limitations and insufficient faculty.
The new University Health Center is designed to facilitate the highest quality of patient care, sized to provide programmatic capacity to expand healthcare functional space, provide clinic space designed to facilitate efficient workflow, and allow departments to enhance services where they were previously limited by space.
The new College of Nursing-Lincoln space is designed to house classrooms, class labs, a dental clinic, and education support space along with administrative space to accommodate current and new faculty and staff, and space essential for research programs. The new building is intended to showcase the program advancements using highly collaborative and mobile learning environments supported by the latest in higher education technology systems.
- Lecture spaces include media capture of computer graphics and annotation, audio recording of the instructor and students, as well as video recording.
- Acoustical modeling for types of noise reduction treatments. Mechanical system noise and vibration control solutions were also be implemented.
- Robust telecommunications infrastructure to support a mobile and wireless environment.
- Multi-action interactive 3D video wall and CAD wall for collaboration and teaching.
- Distance learning and web conferencing to support remote learning.
- Nurse call systems for the simulation and clinical environments.
- Electronic access control and video surveillance for controlled access to support individual building areas.
Photography credit: Alistair Tutton Photography