John Rex Charter Elementary
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
A joint effort by Oklahoma Public Schools and Metropolitan Area Projects Plan (MAPS) for Kids, this tuition-free public charter school was funded with a combination of MAPS for Kids money, other city funds, and private donations. The curriculum emphasizes science, technology engineering, the arts, and math (STEAM), while the school’s urban setting exposes students to the culturally-rich amenities available in downtown Oklahoma City.
- Complete fiber optic and copper voice/data cabling system was installed throughout the facility. The cabling system includes cable, terminations, hardware, supporting hardware, and miscellaneous items required to furnish and install a complete infrastructure.
- Security detection and alarm system was installed to cover the entire facility.
- Key pads and door contacts were installed at exterior door locations.
- Motion detectors were installed in corridors and areas with exterior doors and windows.
- CCTV security system with DVR was also provided.
Photography credit: David Cobb Photography