Deer Creek Middle School Classroom Addition
The project consists of a two-phased effort to help provide a successful technology system implementation process for the district. IP Design Group worked with Deer Creek Schools to develop technology standards. These standards include telecommunications, security, and audiovisual systems. IP Design Group then worked with the design team to design the technology systems for the 34-classroom addition at Deer Creek Middle School.
- Security camera system includes cameras and cabling to connect to existing video surveillance headend equipment. New equipment connects to existing equipment.
- Access control system features control panels, card readers, cable, door status monitoring, and software.
- Access control locations include building entrance points, interior doors that separate public/non-public areas, and doors to rooms that house high value assets.
- Intrusion detection system designed to include exterior door monitoring cable, duress/panic buttons, keypads, and interior motion detection.
- Telecommunications system rooms were designed to feature equipment for cable termination such as patch panels and wall fields, as well as mounting elements such as equipment racks and cabinets for the Owner’s network electronics.
- Telecommunications backbone cable runs between telecommunications rooms to support network within the building. Horizontal cable runs from telecommunications rooms to work area outlets in the building, such as network (voice and data) wall outlets, wireless access points, and IP-based video surveillance cameras.
- Wireless access points provided within the building.
- Audiovisual systems provided for the new classrooms including video projection, sound reinforcement, voice amplification, and input/control systems.
Photography credit: Simon Hurst Photography