University of Nebraska at Kearney Discovery Hall
The Otto Olsen replacement building combined current programs located across the University of Nebraska at Kearney campus into the first STEM building to serve rural Nebraska. It features state-of-the-art labs for virtual design/construction simulation, mechanical products and mechatronics, virtual reality space, hydraulics/pneumatics, computer sciences and technical server room, applied sciences, physics, engineering and research, in addition to a full-motion simulator and ITEC Testing Center.
- Acoustic consulting including architectural room acoustics, space modeling, building material recommendations, mechanical noise and vibration control, and sound isolation was provided.
- Audiovisual system including video presentation, audio reinforcement, presentation methods and source selection control system was provided.
- Telecommunications systems including building service entrance, telecommunication room termination equipment, backbone cable between telecommunications rooms, horizontal cable to work area outlets, wireless access points, and video surveillance cameras were provided.
- Electronic access control system including device locations, headend equipment, and door hardware coordination was provided.
- Electronic video surveillance system including cameras and headend equipment was provided.
Photography credit: Jackson Studios