The historic Benson Theatre was granted substantial funding in 2015 by the City of Omaha to restore and transform the space into a modern, multi-functional theater that is used for theatrical productions, films, concerts, comedy and poetry events, and dance productions.
- Designed audiovisual systems for sound reinforcement, speech amplification, audio recording, and video projection consisting of a 10,000+ lumen projector system.
- Performed acoustical analysis of the space, including modeling and generation of auralizations for evaluation of treatment recommendations by the client.
- Provided recommendations for building materials and acoustical treatments required to support adequate sound quality within the space.
- Performed mechanical noise analysis of the systems within the space to ensure acceptable noise criteria levels are met.
- Performed acoustical measurements to determine sound insulation properties of the existing wall construction in order to evaluate the sound transmission to adjacent businesses.
- Provided recommendations for sound transmission reduction as required, including recommendations for sound transmission criteria, rated wall, and ceiling constructions.
Photography credit: William Hess Photography