Promotion of Sam Underwood
IP Design Group is proud to announce the promotion of Sam Underwood to project manager.
As a project manager, Sam Underwood will perform various tasks, from leading project kick-off meetings to delivering accurate design documents and maintaining open communication with clients and teammates. As a leader inside and outside the firm, Sam looks forward to continuing to develop relationships, provide guidance, and positively impact his community.
Sam was first introduced to acoustics through music. While in school, he enjoyed participating in band and orchestra and dabbled in creating his very own compositions. Later on, he developed an interest in building design and realized that, through acoustics, he could combine both of his passions.
Since then, Sam has earned a master’s degree in architectural engineering with a focus in acoustics from the University of Nebraska—Lincoln (UNL) and is currently working toward a Ph.D. in the very same field. Sam has participated in many influential projects, such as the Lewis Central Community School District’s High School performing arts addition. The space gives students a beautiful venue to express themselves through the arts, much like he did when he was a young musician.
Throughout his career, Sam has displayed outstanding leadership and professionalism within the firm and industry. Involved in organizations such as the Acoustical Society of America and the Institute of Noise Control Engineering, Sam is driven by the knowledge that acoustical design can change our perception of the built environment.
“I am driven by the knowledge that acoustical design has the power to change our perception of the built environment for the better.”
Want to know more?
Check out more about Sam’s journey to acoustical engineering here.
Associations and Achievements
- Acoustical Society of America Member
- Institute of Noise Control Engineering Member
- The Leo and Gabriella Beranek Scholarship in Architectural Acoustics and Noise Control Recipient
- INCE Student Scholarship Recipient
- University of Nebraska—Lincoln Durham School of Architectural Engineering and Construction Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society Fellowship Recipient
- University of Nebraska—Lincoln Durham School of Architectural Engineering and Construction Senior Vice Chancellor Outstanding Undergraduate Award Recipient