Marriott Marco Island Resort Redevelopment Plan Improvements
Marco Island, Florida
The Marriott Marco Island Resort Hotel and Convention Center is the largest resort hotel on Marco Island. In addition, this Marriott property is the highest revenue-producing property under the Marriott flag. This project included a major renovation and expansion of the resort property in excess of $150 million. The project added guest rooms, amenity spaces, ballrooms, meeting spaces, and food service areas to the existing facility.
The property had to maintain operations, including guest rooms, amenity spaces, and conference and ballroom functions, during the renovation/expansion. A series of “90-day projects” were developed to facilitate selective demolition and enabling of the larger renovation and addition project. The existing meeting spaces will be reconfigured into a total of 14 rooms; ceiling heights will rise from 10 feet to 22 feet. This component included significant MEP infrastructure design. Detailed phasing plans were created to facilitate competitive pricing among the contractors and logical sequencing of construction.
- Design of utility infrastructure to enable continuous ongoing operations of existing facilities during demolition, renovation, and expansion.
- Design of all technology systems, including telecommunications and audiovisual.
- Coordination with local authorities and code officials regarding significant project complexities and variances required to successfully complete the project.
- Wireless predictive analysis.
- Distributed antenna systems, cellular/public safety.
- GPON system design within guest rooms.
- Digital signage/wayfinding system.
- Ballroom audiovisual system design.