Hyatt Regency at the Oregon Convention Center
With thousands of yearly visitors at Metro’s Oregon Convention Center, it only made sense to provide a full-service hotel adjacent to the Center. The 18-story, 600-room development provides opportunities for more national conventions and lifestyle events, brings visitors to the area, and contributes to additional economic development in surrounding neighborhoods.
- Design provides a comprehensive and converged system to support all aspects of voice/data transmission throughout the building while maintaining the flexibility to expand and accommodate future system additions.
- The building has a comprehensive infrastructure that includes a fiber optic and copper cable backbone that ties each of the telecommunications rooms together for support of a VoIP phone system. Each telecommunications room has adequate power and cooling to support large Voice over IP (VoIP) networking loads and is secured behind locked doors with limited access.
- Wireless coverage is provided throughout the entire hotel for hotel guests and back of house with the intent to provide 100% wireless data coverage.
- Design provides a distributed antenna system (DAS) to enhance emergency response radio communication. A separate DAS provides supplemental signal enhancement for cellular communications.
- A comprehensive and converged system supports all aspects of the background music system.
- A comprehensive infrastructure supports audiovisual transmission within designated spaces while maintaining the flexibility for the various functions required throughout the facility.
- An access control system and electronic video surveillance system are provided throughout the building with the flexibility to expand and accommodate future system additions and features.