Health, Physical Education, and Recreation (HPER) Facility Addition and Renovation
The Health, Physical Education and Recreation Building (HPER) is specifically focused on student programs. The project incorporated recreation and wellness programs with student health clinic space, which required the integration of new and existing spaces. The addition compliments the existing structure while dramatically improving recreation space in the HPER Building.
The open and airy entry is inviting to students and features radiant floor heating. Students can enjoy modern amenities such as a climbing wall and elevated jogging track, which traverses the entry facility. Additional features include cardio and fitness areas; new golf, fencing, and archery rooms; new multipurpose and spinning rooms; student health services center; and a new injury prevention and care center.
Security is important for the safety of students and faculty. IP Design Group designed services including:
- Network-based integrated electronic access control and video surveillance with connectivity to campus public safety control center.
- Electronic access control at multiple locations throughout the building.
- Intrusion detection at all exterior buildings.
- Electronic video surveillance throughout the building.
- Warranted telecommunications structured cabling design including telecommunications rooms, Category 6 cable, work area outlets, pathways, termination, and testing.
- Optical fiber cable and multi-pair copper backbone cable extension from campus backbone.