1415 @ The Yard
Blocks from the home of the College World Series, the building sits on the northern edge of The Yard, an urban redevelopment project. This mixed-use residential complex encourages a live/work/play lifestyle and contributes to the vibrant growth of north downtown Omaha.
The five-story structure has 110 studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment units. The project includes 6,600 square feet of ground floor retail, as well as a second-level amenity space and leasing office. A focal point of the building is a deck atop the indoor parking garage facing the downtown skyline and features a cybercafe and other amenities. Parking garage doors open up for “enhanced street activity” so the garage can be used for additional event space. This feature allows residents to enjoy the impressive north downtown area.
IP Design Group provided Smart Home consulting and design services to assist the developer in identifying components available to achieve a smart home. Our Interactive Planning process provided the necessary information for the developer to make informed decisions on which elements to incorporate into the final design including:
- Assisted the developer with evaluation of various smart home platforms across a range of unit devices.
- Evaluated how smart home devices could be incorporated into existing electrical and HVAC devices for each unit such as light switches, switched outlets, thermostats, water sensors, proximity sensors, and door locks.
- Provided detailed analysis of smart home platform communications to ensure continuity of services during unit turns.
- Participated in conference calls with smart home platform provider to confirm system management operations and implementation planning.
- Incorporated common area electronic package locker system to allow residents to easily gain access to online order shipments while minimizing property manager’s administration burden.