University of Central Oklahoma Liberal Arts Building
The University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond, Oklahoma, required an addition and renovation to the Liberal Arts Building to serve the evolving needs and growing population of the university. UCO President, Dot Betz, states that, “Virtually every undergraduate student passes through the halls and classrooms of the Liberal Arts Building on their journey to gaining the foundational learning that is critical to the university’s mission.” The addition includes a state-of-the-art lecture hall, atrium with a collaborative study area, coffee bar, 15 classrooms, and 30 offices.
- Designed audiovisual system for conference calls.
- Coordination of digital signage throughout the building and in the lecture hall.
- Designed distance learning capabilities in designated spaces
- Steerable line arrays in the lecture hall provide improved sound quality.
- Interactive control systems were designed for all spaces.
- Acoustical design of the lecture hall for better sound performance.
- Recommended sound and vibration reduction materials to quiet the structural and mechanical noise .
- Selected specific materials and equipment to promote comfortable acoustics throughout the building.
Photography credit: Simon Hurst Photography