Scott Technology Center Carrier Hotel
The Scott Data Center is a high-density data center, one of the most powerful and energy-efficient operations of its type in the Midwest.
The Carrier Hotel includes additional improvements to the existing carrier pod infrastructure and provides the infrastructure to support an Internet Exchange Point (IXP), as well as additional pod spaces, in order to attract new carrier tenants.
- Analyzed existing computer room air conditioning (CRAC) unit capacity and location compared with projected loads and locations of the new carrier pods.
- Provided engineering and documentation necessary for potential computer room air conditioning (CRAC) unit relocation.
- Provided engineering necessary to construct conduit pathways for carrier-to-carrier connection between pods.
- Provided engineering and documentation necessary for passive Internet Exchange Point (IXP) telecommunications optical fiber backbone connectivity between carrier pods.
- Provided electrical infrastructure improvements for spaces created by the new carrier pods.
- Delivered architectural design services for construction of the carrier pods and support facilities.