One South Dearborn
One South Dearborn is a 40-story, world-class office tower characterized by metal and glass, and a dramatically crowned roof adding to Chicago’s distinctive skyline. A 16,000-square-foot tree-lined plaza welcomes commercial residents and visitors into the building’s 3-story lobby which includes a bank, restaurant, and sundry shop. Other amenities include an on-site fitness center, conference center, 8,000 square feet of retail space and four floors of above-grade parking that accommodates 160 vehicles and includes a car wash.
The IP Design Group technology engineering team was hired to provide a complete telecommunications vertical and horizontal distribution design to support the tenant-installed cabling infrastructure.
- Worked closely with other team members to clearly understand needs and document Owner and Client standards.
- Horizontal and vertical pathways.
- Grounding system for telecommunications system with integration into overall building grounding system.
- Layout for main distribution frame (MDF) room at ground level.
- Coordinated incoming service requirements with local telecommunications service providers.
- Routed primary and redundant telecom service distribution from local telephone company.
- Coordinated and established telecommunications sleeve location and evaluated impact on building structural system.
- Coordinated routing of telecommunications conduit systems with architectural designer.
- Coordinated power and HVAC requirements for all IDFs and MDF.