Iowa City Community School District Longfellow Elementary
Iowa City, Iowa
Built in 1917, the over 100-year-old Longfellow Elementary building underwent modernization renovations and an addition to accommodate a new main entrance, media center, art room, music room, and gymnasium for over 300 students.
- Audiovisual design was installed in classrooms, gymnasiums, music rooms, multipurpose rooms, conference rooms, and media center.
- Telecommunications room design and locations coordination with the design team to provide coverage for network drops within TIA limits.
- Design of building telecommunications including telecommunications rooms, backbone cabling, horizontal cabling, and work area outlet (WAO) terminations for wired and wireless network devices, as well as building systems.
- Design of video surveillance system including cameras and cabling for key strategic locations both inside and outside of the building.
- Design of access control system including door devices, control panels, and cabling.
- Design of intrusion detection system including motion sensors, keypads, and cabling.
Photography credit: Kessler Photography