Eppley Airfield Parking Garage
IP Design Group was part of a multi-disciplined team of professionals, led by Walker Consultants, that designed 3,000 stalls of parking to meet the objectives set-forth in Omaha Airport Authority’s (OAA) Eppley Airport Master Plan. Identification of the most effective means of maintaining the continued operation of rental car parking was a critical component of the design.
- The structured cable system for the garage and customer service building was designed to provide pathways and connectivity to voice/data wall outlets, IP video surveillance cameras, emergency phones, and parking management gates/kiosks identified during the design process.
- The structured cable system for the garage consists of copper and fiber backbone connectivity from the airport terminal main distribution facility to the new garage main telecom room located in the customer service building.
- The garage was provided with electronic video surveillance using IP security cameras connected to the existing OAA video management system.
- Emergency phones were provided at critical locations identified during design and connected to the OAA communications center.
- The garage and customer service building were provided with electronic access control, using the OAA’s enterprise facility-wide electronic access control system.
Photography credit: Alan Jackson with Jackson Studios