IP Design Group served Lincoln Public Schools (LPS) as the Program Manager for District-Wide Technology and Security Improvements in 56 buildings as part of a $153-million bond issue which included $16.1 million in technology.
The IP Design Group team partnered with LPS to select design consultants, update design standards, prepare conceptual designs and manage the outcome of projects necessary to establish design consistency across the District.
- $16.1 million of the project’s budget is dedicated to security improvements, technology-ready classrooms, fiber optics backbone and wireless enhancements.
- LPS started the first wave of upgrades in May 2014 with 14 schools. This included eight security/technology bid packages consisting of 5-8 schools per package.
- Modular audiovisual systems components were installed in classrooms in addition to new wireless access points to give students and teachers greater access to digital curriculum materials.
- Construction at the majority of the schools takes place at night and on weekends so classes weren’t disrupted.
- The technology scope of work includes access control upgrades to all schools,
- as well as the installations of video surveillance (CCTV) cameras at all high schools.
- IP Design Group assisted LPS in the selection, specification, and the procurement of an enterprise-level, District-wide video management system (VMS) software package. IP Design Group is working closely with its computing services to verify in-network resources to support the video management central recording needs.